JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
Interested in being a Life Coach?
Do you enjoy helping others?
Have you ever thought about mentoring young people?
Do you enjoy coffee or tea?
If so, join us for an informational meeting! Find out more
about being a life coach for Looking Forward Life Coach.
Snacks and beverages will be provided.
May 7, 2019 | 5–7 p.m.
5280 Grandview Square
Part-Time Life Coach
Posted on April 12, 2019
Looking Forward Life Coaching is currently in search of a part-time Life Coach to join our growing team. This is a perfect part-time opportunity, where you can set your own schedule, enjoy a coffee or tea at a local coffee shop while meeting with a young person that you are able to mentor and guide as they navigate life.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet in-person (or virtually if needed) with 3 to 4 clients, 2 to 4 times per month each
- Create and maintain coaching schedule based on each client’s service plan
- Understand and adopt of Person-Centered Practices and The Mentor Approach
- Complete at least two months of training/observing a seasoned life coach before coaching independently
- Complete monthly Touch Base Thursdays (TBT) with Head Life Coach and client’s parents/guardians and any related paperwork
- Update Person Centered Plans and documentation bi-yearly
- Update Person Centered Goals and documentation monthly
- Maintain HIPPA awareness, understanding, and compliance
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Other roles and responsibilities as requested by executive director or supervising coach
- Trained in the Person-centered Method through the State (DHS)
- Trained in HIPPA, OSHA, Client Rights, VA through the State
- (We can provide training on both of the above)
- Human Services–related degree preferred, but not required
- Experience working with individuals with special needs (especially young adults)
- Detailed-oriented, able to take initiative, excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have reliable car and smartphone
- Creative thinker, open-minded and understanding, compassionate but able to follow principles and regulations
- Must be able to file paperwork on occasion
To apply: please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org